Friday, October 17, 2014

New Bike

The new ride

On 10 July I took delivery of an Empire MX6 Evo, this seems (according to many of the reviews and forums) a bit of a Marmite design (you either love or hate it). I thought it looked good (the original MX6 was good too), and after seeing it at the bike show, I put my order in.

The move from 3x9 to 2x10 is a bit of a chore (having spent 7 years on an Orange P7 pro, hardtail to full susser is a suprise too), I'm still trying to sort out the right ratio for climbing!

After 200+ miles and some very varied terrain, the bike has been great, quick, agile and good fun. 

A user error on the Stans no Tubes conversion gave me a headache until I read the help and troubleshooting guide on the Stans website. Now I'm running tubeless too, and that has proved to be a brilliant decision.

All in all, apart from an uncomfortable saddle and the stick Kent clay getting stuck all over the frame, its a joy.

Empire Cycles - MX6 EVO 

Stans No Tubes






No comments: